Winter is coming!
…Is that still trendy to say?
I don’t know.
I don’t even watch Game Of Thrones….
Yes, here in the Midwest, temperatures are dropping and the daylight hours are dwindling. That means many of us are trading our beautiful lake shore runs for the rotating belt that is the treadmill.
But have no fear! There are a lot of ways to spice up your run on a treadmill. You can make some virtual hills with the incline, you can hold yourself to a specific speed goal, you can do timed intervals, etc!
I like to write out a plan before my workouts, so I wrote down one that I did the other day.
It’s 30 minutes, 3 miles, and burns 380 calories. It has you running at a steady jog throughout with a steady increase in incline and small bursts in speed for optimal calorie burn! And it also has you changing it up about every minute so you won’t get bored. I like to work my way down the list and then back up so I end on the 0 incline. Check is out below!
If it’s too much:
- Reduce your speed by 1-2 MPH
- Cut it in half and only run through once
- Use the minute after your sprint to walk instead of jog (1 minute jog, :30 sprint, 1 minute walk)
If it’s not enough:
- Increase speed or incline (or both) by 1-2
- Double the duration instead of repeating 2 times through (2 minute jog, 1 minute sprint, 2 minute jog)
Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!